Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Yesterday we had a very good day in Kawete.  It was a warm sunny day!  In the medical clinic we were very busy.  We saw 47 children and 15 adults.  There was everything from Malaria to Eczema. I saw some sicker children, too.  A 3 year old boy who only weighed 22 pounds who had malaria and intestinal parasites. I gave him the malaria therapy, deworming medicine and anti-diarrheal antibiotic.  I also saw a 10 year old boy with a fever, swollen, red knee and upper leg.  I diagnosed him with cellulitis.  In the US I would have admitted him to the hospital for IV antibiotics.  Since I can't here in Kawete, I gave him an antibiotic shot in his leg muscle and gave him antibiotic by mouth.  I asked him to stop by to see me today.  I Skyped with my family from the clinic yesterday and it was fun.  The signal was ok but not crystal clear.  Someday it will be.  Today will be my last visit to the clinic.  I feel sad.  The children are so wonderful and so grateful for our help.  I feel that although they have a challenging life they are joyful and that God is walking with the children of CCLS-Uganda everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment