Monday, October 15, 2012

I just returned from our second visit to Kawete and CCLS-Uganda.  We were greeted by the children again-singing, cheering, waving branches and so excited and joyful that we had arrived.  They gave us a welcoming song and dance by their Junior Dance Team-AMAZING! After that we went right to work in the Medical Clinic.  I saw 28 patients today.  A variety of illnesses much like we see in St. Louis like allergies, asthma, Strep Throat, eczema, Reflux Disease with heartburn, bronchitis and pneumonia.  I also saw illness specific to Uganda-malaria and parasites.  The children were very thankful and joyful.  The mothers were also glad that we had come again.  I was fed by the community again-beef, chicken, irish potatoes, beans, rice and cassava.  It was tasty.  The Senior Youth Goup also made some pastries similar to donuts.  I drank a lot of water today, too.  Hot and humid on the equator.  I will add some photos later.  Another blessed day serving the children of Kawete!

No comments:

Post a Comment